- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of white beans (any kind)
- 1 bunch of kale or half a bag of packaged kale
- 32 ounces chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- fresh herbs like rosemary or oregano if you have them
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- heat olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. add chopped onion and garlic and allow to simmer for three to four minutes.
- drain and rinse beans, then add to the saucepan. stir together so that beans are coated in olive oil and onion/garlic mixture.
- add turmeric and stock. bring up to a gentle boil and then add the kale and fresh herbs. reduce heat to a simmer, and wait for the kale to turn bright green.
- finish off with salt and pepper, but you shouldn’t need much. for a little kick, sprinkle with chili powder.